Create a Shared Folder
- Go to Control Panel > Shared Folder and click Create.
- Specify a name and description for the shared folder.
- Select a storage on which to create the shared folder (skip this step if only one storage exists).
- Modify the following options if necessary:
How to create a network share with multiple names and permissions
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Right-click the folder and select the Properties option.
- Click the Sharing tab.
- Click the Advanced Sharing button. …
- Check the Share this folder option.
- Launch or Install Qfinder and find the NAS in the device list.
- Point at the NAS you want to connect first then find Connect and click Storage Plug & Connect.
- Fill in username and password and press okay.
- Choose a shared folder from the Folder list and select Map the Network Drive.
- Specify the drive letter.
Mapping a Shared Folder on a Windows Computer
- Power on the NAS.
- Connect the NAS to your local area network.
- Open Qfinder Pro. …
- Select the NAS, and then go to Tools > Map Network Drive.
- Select a shared folder, and then click Map Network Drive.
- Specify your QTS username and password.
- Specify a drive letter.
- Click Finish.
Network-attached storage (NAS) is dedicated file storage that enables multiple users and heterogeneous client devices to retrieve data from centralized disk capacity. Users on a local area network (LAN) access the shared storage via a standard Ethernet connection.
Please follow this procedure to create a share:
- Click on the Server Manager icon ( …
- Select File and Storage Services, then Shares.
- Right-click in the blank area on the right side and select New Share. …
- For basic setup, select SMB Share – Quick, then Next.
To share a file or folder in File Explorer, do one of the following:
- Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people.
- Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.
Choose who to share with
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the folder you want to share.
- Click Share .
- Under “People,” type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow .
- Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.
Share a folder, drive, or printer
- Right-click the folder or drive you want to share.
- Click Properties. …
- Click Share this folder.
- In the appropriate fields, type the name of the share (as it appears to other computers), the maximum number of simultaneous users, and any comments that should appear beside it.
How do I map a folder to a drive?
To map a shared folder to a drive letter, follow these steps:
- Open File Explorer. …
- Open the Map Network Drive dialog box. …
- (Optional) Change the drive letter in the Drive drop-down list. …
- Click the Browse button. …
- Use the Browse for Folder dialog box to find and select the shared folder you want to use. …
- Click OK.
What is folder Aggregation in QNAP?
The Shared Folder Aggregation is used to build a hierarchical view of multiple file servers and shares on the network. This function can aggregate all shared folders in local network into a “portal folder” on our NAS.
- Open the shared drive in File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder in question.
- Click on the white space on the right side of the folder path.
- Copy this information and paste it into Notepad. …
- Press the windows key + r at the same time.
- Type “cmd” into the Run box and press OK.
How do I access QNAP folder?
Launch the QNAP Qfinder. Select the NAS detected and then click “Tool” > “Map Network Drive”. Select a shared folder on the NAS to be mapped as a network drive and click “Map Network Drive”. Enter the username and password to connect to the NAS and click “OK”.
How do I add qnap to file explorer?
Click “Map the Network Drive”. Open the Windows File Explorer, click on “Network” on the left and find the workgroup of the NAS.
- Launch QNAP Qfinder;
- Select “Storage Plug & Connect” under “Connect”;
- Check “Login with username and password” and enter the username and password;
- Click a NAS shared folder;
How do I add volume to QNAP?
Create a new volume
- Go to “Storage Manager” > “Storage Space” > “Create” and click “New Volume” to open the Volume Creation Wizard.
- There are 3 options available: …
- Specify the volume capacity and the rest of the options and click “Next”. …
- Confirm your settings in the summary page and click “Finish”.