Double-click the name of the computer from which the folder you want to open is being shared. Select a folder. Double-click the folder you want to open. Enter a username and password if prompted.
Access a shared folder or printer
- Search for Network , and click to open it.
- Select Search Active Directory at the top of the window; you may need to first select the Network tab on the upper left.
- From the drop-down menu next to “Find:”, select either Printers or Shared Folders.
Run Netwrix Auditor → Navigate to Reports → Open “Windows Server” → Go to “Windows Server – State-in-Time” → Select “File Shares on Windows Servers” → Click “View”. To save the report, click the “Export” button and choose PDF, Word or Excel format.
Use the MS-DOS “net share” command
Click Start, Run, type cmd, and press Enter . At the MS-DOS prompt, type net share and press Enter . Each of the shares, the location of the resource, and any remarks for that share are displayed.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
Add members and set access levels:
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- At the left, click Shared drives and double-click one of your shared drives.
- At the top, click Manage members.
- Add names, email addresses, or a Google Group. New members must have a Google account. …
- To change: …
- Click Send.
- Open the shared drive in File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder in question.
- Click on the white space on the right side of the folder path.
- Copy this information and paste it into Notepad. …
- Press the windows key + r at the same time.
- Type “cmd” into the Run box and press OK.
To see the shared folders please click on File and Storage Services. Then click on Shared. There you will see the shared folders on the server.
Method 1: Use Computer Management to view shared files/folder
- Step 1: Right Click the start menu and select Computer Management. …
- Step 2: Click on Shared Folders, then click on open files. …
- Step 1: Type Resource monitor into the start menu search box. …
- Step 2: Click on the disk tab in resource monitor.
To access a hidden share, bring up Internet Explorer or My Computer (or just Computer in Vista), enter the UNC path (\computernamesharename$) of the share, and hit Enter. Alternatively, you can use the computer’s local IP address (such as 192.168. 1.1) instead of the computer name.
How do I see other users mapped drives?
One option is to log the mapped drives and printer information of users who log in to a text file and then you can extract the info off this. The drive mapping info is stored in the Registry, look in HKEY_USERSUSERNetwork.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sharing . Select the File Sharing checkbox. To select a specific folder to share, click the Add button at the bottom of the Shared Folders list, locate the folder, select it, then click Add.
press Ctrl+L if you can’t type in the location bar. In shortcuts menu on top left, you have access to the shared folders on your network via the “Network” folder. You should see the PC you’re interested in there. you can also go to places->connect to server then choose windows share and then type the IP address..
On the left hand side of your Google Drive look for link ‘Share with me’. Click the link. The folder listing on the right hand side of your Google Drive will show all the folders and files that have been shared with you. Click on either the folder or file to open it up.