Double-click the name of the computer from which the folder you want to open is being shared. Select a folder. Double-click the folder you want to open. Enter a username and password if prompted.
To access a shared folder on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click and paste the network path for the shared folder in the address bar and press Enter. Source: Windows Central.
- Confirm your account credentials (if applicable).
- Upload, download, or modify files as necessary.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing, and turn off password protected sharing.
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet , and on the right side, select Sharing options.
- Under Private, select Turn on Network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing.
Access a Shared Folder from Mac OS X
Open the Finder, click Go on the menu at the top of the screen, and select Connect to Server. Enter the following address, replacing COMPUTERNAME with the Windows computer’s name: smb://COMPUTERNAME. You can also enter the other computer’s local IP address instead of its name.
How do I access a folder on another computer on my network?
Click the “Share” tab at the top of File Explorer if you want to share additional folders with the other computer. Select the folder you want to share, and then click “Homegroup (View and Edit)” on the ribbon to give the other computer full access to the folder.
press Ctrl+L if you can’t type in the location bar. In shortcuts menu on top left, you have access to the shared folders on your network via the “Network” folder. You should see the PC you’re interested in there. you can also go to places->connect to server then choose windows share and then type the IP address..
Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
Can’t connect to Network drives?
To resolve the issue, go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Advanced Sharing Settings. Make sure your settings are as follows: Network Discovery: ON; Network Settings: Private; File Sharing: ON; Public Folder Sharing: ON; Password Protected Sharing: OFF.
Choose who to share with
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the folder you want to share.
- Click Share .
- Under “People,” type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow .
- Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.
Connect to a computer or server by entering its address
- In the Finder on your Mac, choose Go > Connect to Server.
- Type the network address for the computer or server in the Server Address field. …
- Click Connect.
- Select how you want to connect to the Mac: