How to share your Wi-Fi password
- Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
Sharing a connection this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Some phones can share Wi-Fi connection by tethering.
Connect another device to your phone’s hotspot
- On the other device, open that device’s list of Wi-Fi options.
- Pick your phone’s hotspot name.
- Enter your phone’s hotspot password.
- Click Connect.
Can you use your phone as a hotspot while connected to Wi-Fi?
Yes, Android does come with a Portable WiFi Hotspot option, which when turned ON, will create a new WiFi hotspot. But the key here is – you can share the internet from your mobile data to WiFi.
How to – Transfer data between two phones without an internet…
- Launch TrebleShot – File Share app on both the phones. …
- Enable “Allow modifying system settings”. …
- The two devices should now be connected. …
- Click on the device name you are sending data to, then the “Feeling Lucky” button.
Mobile hotspots allow you to share one device’s Internet connection with several others, via a temporary wireless network that you create. Typically you just set a network name and password on the device with an internet connection, then join that new network from the rest of the devices.
Can I use my iPhone as a hotspot while connected to Wi-Fi?
Turn on Wi-Fi Hotspot With iOS Devices
To set up a personal hotspot on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular), go to Settings > Personal Hotspot > Allow Others to Join and toggle it to on (if you don’t see Personal Hotspot in Settings, tap Cellular > Personal Hotspot). Make note of the Wi-Fi password.
Does iPhone hotspot use data if connected to Wi-Fi?
Yes it does use your data. Even though it says you’re connected to wifi the hot spot overrides it & uses your cellular data.
Can you use your iPhone as a hotspot while connected to Wi-Fi?
You can use Personal Hotspot to share a cellular internet connection from your iPhone to other devices. Personal Hotspot is useful when the other devices don’t have internet access from a Wi-Fi network.
How do I tether my iPhone without hotspot?
If you don’t see Personal Hotspot, tap Carrier and you will see it. Tap the switch next to Personal Hotspot to turn on. Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable. The device will automatically begin tethering after syncing is complete.