Share a Dropbox folder with anyone
You can share files with anyone, including people without Dropbox accounts, by sharing a link to any file or folder. You can send a shared link by email, Facebook, Twitter, instant message, social networks, wherever you want.
If you don’t have a Dropbox account, you can:
- Create a Dropbox account for free and then accept the invite.
- Ask the person who invited you to share a link to the folder, rather than adding you as a member.
As long as you have edit access to the folder you’d like to share and your admin allows external sharing, you can share content in your team folder with collaborators outside of your group. To share a folder inside a team folder: Sign in to dropbox.com with your work account.
It’s simple to send or share files from Dropbox with anyone you want—and they don’t even need a Dropbox account. Create a shared link from your Dropbox desktop or mobile app for iOS or Android and share that link via chat, text, or email. Anyone with the shared link can view and download the file.
Sign in to dropbox.com, and find the file you’d like to share. Hover over the file, and click the Share button that appears. Enter the email addresses of the people you want to invite, and click Send. Or, you can copy the link and paste it into an email, chat, or whatever you’re using to communicate.
Create Public URL in Google Drive for Webpage app
- At the top right, click Get shareable link.
- Make sure its set to “Anyone with the link can view”, if not, click Sharing Settings.
- Click the drop down menu and select “Anyone with the link can view”. …
- Copy and paste the link into the Webpage app for use.
How do I upload a file to someone else’s Dropbox without account?
When someone clicks your file request link, all they have to do is choose files from their computer, enter their name and email and click Upload. That’s it—there’s no need to sign in, so anyone can add files, even if they don’t have a Dropbox account.
How do I access someone else’s Dropbox?
Request access to a shared folder
- Click the invitation link that you received.
- Click Request access.
- If you have more than one Dropbox account, select which account you’d like to add the shared folder to.
- Your request will be sent to the folder owner, and you’ll be notified if the owner accepts your request.
When you share a link to a file, your name will be visible as the owner of the file.
- Open the file you want to share.
- Tap Share or Share .
- Under “Get Link,” on the right, tap the Down arrow .
- Choose who to share the file with.
- To decide what people can do with your file when you share it, select an option. …
- Tap Copy.
How do I invite people to join my Dropbox team?
Admins: Invite people to your Dropbox Business team
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin credentials.
- Click Admin console.
- Click Members.
- Click Invite members.
- Type the email of the person (or people) you’d like to invite.
- Click Send invites.
When using a share link, no one will be able to see any parent or sibling folder, period. They can only see the specific file or folder that you’ve linked to. If you’ve linked to a folder, they can see anything in the folder, including any sub-folders.
When you share a link with someone, they can view the file or folder on dropbox.com. You can send a link by email, Facebook, Twitter, instant message, social networks, wherever you want. You can share these links with anyone, even if they don’t have a Dropbox account.
Go to Dropbox.com, find your file, and click the Copy link button that appears when you hover over it. Or, on your desktop, right-click on the file, and select Copy Dropbox Link. Copy that link and paste it in your browser, and it should download the file directly.
Is there an alternative to Dropbox?
Sync.com, pCloud, Icedrive and MEGA are the best all-around alternatives to Dropbox, due to great prices, ease of use and security. If you’re looking to store data related to business rather than personal files, Box is one of the best alternatives to Dropbox.