The Finder is where you work with files and folders on your Mac. When you enable sharing for a folder, a banner that says “Shared Folder” appears at the top of the folder. This banner also appears at the top of windows of any subfolders inside this shared folder.
How to turn off Mac “Internet Sharing”
- Open System Preferences.
- Choose Sharing.
- Unlock the padlock.
- Deselect Internet Sharing as in this picture:
- Click the padlock.
- Close the System Preferences window.
How do I stop sharing files on Mac?
To turn off file sharing completely:
- Go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Sharing .
- Uncheck all options under the Services tab. This will stop your computer from sharing any file.
If you’re the owner of a document that’s shared with others, you can stop sharing it to prevent anyone from viewing or editing it. , click Share Options, click Stop Sharing, then click OK.
Stop sharing a file
- Open the homescreen for Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Google Slides.
- Select a file or folder.
- Tap Share or Share .
- Find the person you want to stop sharing with.
- To the right of their name, tap the Down arrow. Remove.
- To save changes, tap Save.