Choose who to share with
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the folder you want to share.
- Click Share .
- Under “People,” type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow .
- Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.
How do I create a local file sharing in Windows 10?
To share files using the Share feature on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder location with the files.
- Select the files.
- Click on the Share tab. …
- Click the Share button. …
- Select the app, contact, or nearby sharing device. …
- Continue with the on-screen directions to share the content.
How do I access another computer C drive on the same network?
Double click on “My Computer” or “Computer” on the computer with the shared hard drive. Right click on the drive letter of the hard drive (usually “C”), select “Share” then choose the option to “Share” the drive on the network.
Follow these steps to begin setting up the network:
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Under Network and Internet, click Choose Homegroup and sharing options. …
- In the Homegroup settings window, click Change advanced sharing settings. …
- Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing. …
- Click Save changes.
Share a folder, drive, or printer
- Right-click the folder or drive you want to share.
- Click Properties. …
- Click Share this folder.
- In the appropriate fields, type the name of the share (as it appears to other computers), the maximum number of simultaneous users, and any comments that should appear beside it.
How do I setup a LAN on Windows 10?
Connecting to a wired LAN
- 1 Connect a LAN cable to the PC’s wired LAN port. …
- 2 Click the Start button on the taskbar and then click Settings.
- 3 Click Network and Internet.
- 4 In Status, click Network and Sharing Center.
- 5 Choose Change adapter settings at the upper left.
- 6 Right-click Ethernet and then choose Properties.
Share files from Windows to Windows
- Go to the folder’s location.
- Select the folder you want to share.
- Click on the Share tab and then on specific people.
- Select Everyone from the drop-down menu.
- Click Share.
- Click Done.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
How can you share an external hard drive over the network on Windows 10?
- Connect the device to your Windows computer via a USB port. …
- Click Start and select Computer. …
- Right-click on the device and select Share with > Advanced sharing.
- In the Properties window, choose the Sharing tab and click the Advanced Sharing button.
You need to add the ‘admin$’ share which is your C:Windows location.
- Go to C:windows and right-click –> Properties.
- Hit advance sharing.
- Click the check box Share this folder.
- Enter the name admin$ and hit Permissions.
How do I access D drive in network without Sharing?
The syntax you’d use would be from RUN \<IPAddress>c$ or \<PCName>c$ and then press ENTER, it’ll try to connect via SMB so that traffic needs to be allowed through the Windows Firewall as well. Then you’ll put in the username and password to gain access to the hidden admin shares i.e. c$ , d$ , etc.
How does Windows file sharing work?
To share a file or folder through OneDrive, right-click the file or folder you want to share, then select Share a OneDrive link. A link to your file or folder is created. You can paste this link into an email or text message and share it with others.