To do this, open File Explorer, right-click the file you want to share, and select Sharing. Now you’ll see all computers with Nearby Sharing enabled under the Find more people section. When you select that remote computer system, a notification will appear on the other computer that there’s an incoming file.
Share a folder, drive, or printer
- Right-click the folder or drive you want to share.
- Click Properties. …
- Click Share this folder.
- In the appropriate fields, type the name of the share (as it appears to other computers), the maximum number of simultaneous users, and any comments that should appear beside it.
How can I access files on another computer on my network?
Open File Explorer and select a file or folder that you wish to give other computers access to. Click the “Share” tab and then choose which computers or which network to share this file with. Select “Workgroup” to share the file or folder with every computer on the network.
10 top file-sharing services: Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, OneDrive, and more
- Citrix ShareFile.
- Google Drive.
- iCloud Drive.
- Microsoft OneDrive.
- OpenText Hightail.
Here are the five most common methods you can try for yourself.
- Cloud storage or web data transfers. …
- SSD and HDD drives via SATA cables. …
- Basic cable transfer. …
- Use software to speed up your data transfer. …
- Transfer your data over WiFi or LAN. …
- Using an external storage device or flash drives.
- Right-click on the folder you want to share.
- Select Give Access to > Specific people.
- From there, you can choose specific users and their permission level (whether they can read-only or read/write). …
- If a user doesn’t appear on the list, type their name into the taskbar and hit Add. …
- Click Share.
How do I setup a network between two computers?
Click on Start->Control Panel->Network and Internet->Network and Sharing Center. Click Advanced Share Settings and Check the Turn on file and printer sharing box. Step 3: Share a folder. Click on Start-> Select the folder to share->Click on Share tab->Click Specific people->Select Everyone->Click Share and then Done.