You can only share someone’s post from Feed to your story if their account is public and they’ve allowed resharing of their posts. Sharing posts from Feed to Stories isn’t available to everyone.
How do you repost another person’s story?
Instagram: How to repost a story
- Open Instagram and select the photo or video that you want to repost.
- Hit the Share icon right below the post > tap Add Post to Your Story > tap Your story.
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. Namely, Instagram allows you to reshare a Story only if you were tagged in it by the person who posted it. When you’re tagged, you receive a notification that someone mentioned you in their Story.
You can do that too! Just head to your stories archive, select a story and click on the three dots on the right-hand side. Then, select ‘share as post. ‘ This will open it up in the photo editing tool where you’ll have the option to crop it to the right dimensions for your feed.
How do you repost a story on Instagram 2021?
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Instagram and find a photo or video to repost. Open your Instagram app and find the post you want to repost. …
- Paste the post’s share URL into DownloadGram. …
- Download the post. …
- Open Instagram and find the photo or video in your camera roll. …
- Add a caption and share your repost.