If its direct parent is a shared folder, then go into that folder, select all files you want to copy, right-click on selected files and select “Make a Copy”. This will make a copy at “My Drive”. Later you can go to “My Drive” and manage those files into a folder or whatever you like to do.
To move files or folders from a shared folder to My Drive:
- Make sure to share the item with can Edit access.
- Enable the Editors can change permissions and share setting for the file or folder. For instructions, go to Restrict sharing options on Drive files.
To create copies:
- Go to “Shared with me” in your old Drive.
- Select the files that you wish to save.
- Right-click on them and select “Make a copy”. How to make a copy of a shared file in Google Drive.
- Go to My Drive and view the files.
Click on “Shared with me” in the main menu on the left. You should see a list of all the files and folders that others have shared with you. Right click (or Ctrl+click if you’re on a Mac) on the file or folder you wish to download, and click on “Download”.
How to Move Files from Shared With Me to My Drive?
- Click “Shared with me” tab located at the left side of window.
- Click a file which you want to move.
- Click “Add to My Drive” icon located at the top of the window. …
- A “Move To” window opens up.
- Select the folder from “My Drive” to move the file.
- Click “Move” button.
2.1 Move files to a shared drive
You can move multiple files at once. Unless you are an administrator, you can’t move folders from My Drive into a shared drive, but you can create new folders in a shared drive. For details about moving folders as an administrator, see Migrate content to a shared drive.
How do I copy a folder?
Open your folder, and select all the files ( Control + a or Command + a). Right-click and select Make a copy. That will create a new copy of each of those files, right in the same folder, with Copy of before their original file name.
- On your OneDrive or SharePoint Online website, select the files or folders you want to download.
- Select Download.
- If your browser prompts you, choose Save or Save As and browse to the location where you want to save the download.
Open your browser and go to your google drive, open login with the account that has the file you wish to download. Locate the file that you wish to download and select it. Right click the file and click on “get shareable link”(refer the image below).
Why there is no download option in Google Drive?
Quite frequently the Google Drive not downloading can be attributed to your browser’s settings, specifically to it saving something incorrectly in its cache files and cookies. So clearing them both could help. When it comes to getting rid of cookies and cache, every browser is different.